Welcome to all the legal jargin, you don't have to read it all, look out for the plain speaking in the brackets.
SECTION 1 – PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
We have made every effort to display information on our Products or Services as accurately as possible. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any color will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
SECTION 2 – MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
SECTION 3 – ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e‑mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
For more detail, please review our Returns Policy.
SECTION 4 – THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
SECTION 5 – OPTIONAL TOOLS
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
SECTION 6 – PERSONAL INFORMATION
SECTION 7 – INDEMNIFICATION
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Us harmless and any parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
SECTION 8 – SEVERABILITY
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
SECTION 9 – TERMINATION
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by us.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
SECTION 10 – ENTIRE AGREEMENT
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against Us.
SECTION 11 – GOVERNING LAW
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the country, state or province in which We are incorporated.
SECTION 12 – CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
SECTION 13 – CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at the email address in the Contacts section of our website and clearly marked in the title line: “Question about Terms of Service”.
1. AGREEMENTS: Agreements represent the full and complete understanding between JKG Events and the customer and this writing supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements or understandings, either written or oral, between the parties. In the event that any party to this agreement wishes to alter or amend any of the terms set forth herein, such alterations must be set forth in a written document and signed by all relevant and necessary parties.
(Everyone knows and agrees of what's happening at your party, If you want to change something that we are needed or you want us to do, please let us know before the party in case we can't do it.)
2. CLIENT CAPACITY TO CONTRACT: Client affirms that he/she/they is/are at least 18 years old and has the legal capacity to enter into a contract with JKG Events.
(You over 18?? Cool! Carry on)
3. RESERVATION: Upon the client agreeing to the terms of the agreement, JKG Events will reserve the time and date agreed upon above. For this reason, a Reservation retainer will be required and is non-refundable, unless cancellation is enforced due to a change in guidelines, policy or law, laid down by local or national government in relation to COVID-19 or any other state of emergency whereby the events is not lawfully permitted to go ahead. The reservation retainer is to be paid at the time of accepting the agreement and will be seen as acceptance of the terms in place of a physical or digital signature.
(Once your deposit/retainer is paid, any agreement becomes binding, your date won't be saved until the deposit is paid.)
The reservation retainer is applied towards the total contracted amount. If the above-mentioned reservation retainer is forfeited due to cancellation/postponement of the event for reasons not including those stated above, an additional retainer will be required to secure a new service date.
4. PAYMENT: The client understands and agrees that the remaining payment is due on the day/night of the event prior to starting time of the event. Payment shall be made in the form of Bank Transfer or credit card unless discussed otherwise and no processing fee will be added to any payments made by credit card. Failure to make required payments on the schedule will result in a breach of contract and the client will forfeit event coverage with no refund of monies having previously been paid by the client. If the client cancels the services that are the subject of this contract prior to the service date for any reason, regardless of fault, the entire retainer shall be forfeited and will result in the cancellation of this contract by JKG Events. If the cancellation occurs by client for any reason within two weeks prior to the event date and JKG Events is not able to find comparable employment through ordinary due diligence for the date of the event, JKG Events shall reserve the right to demand, and client agrees to pay, full payment of the contract amount contained herein on the date that the event was due to occur.
(Gotta pay before the party starts, either cash on arrival before set up or bank transfer in the morning, either way is cool with us. )
If the cancellation occurs by client for any reason within two weeks prior to the event date and JKG Events is not able to find comparable employment through ordinary due diligence for the date of the event, JKG Events shall reserve the right to demand, and client agrees to pay, full payment of the contract amount contained herein on the date that the event was due to occur.
(If you cancel and we can't find replacement work, you'll still have to pay. We really don't want to have to do that but we have had last minute cancellations in the past which then loses the business money.)
5. VENUE OBLIGATIONS: In order to carry out the services contemplated by this contract, JKG Events must have the full cooperation of the venue where said services are to be rendered. JKG Events must also be provided with the following equipment at the venue where services will be rendered: a suitable set up area of no smaller than 12ft by 6ft if providing full set up or a rectangular table no smaller than 6ft and suitable space for speakers and lights, an electrical power source, and any applicable public entertainment licenses required by law for the venue where services will be rendered. JKG Events will not be responsible for the above-mentioned items and in the event that these items are not provided by the venue where services will be rendered JKG Events shall not be held liable for the inability to provide the services obligated under agreement. It is the client's responsibility, not that of JKG Events to ensure that the necessary equipment is provided by the venue.
(We might need a table to set up on, if your venue has 1, it would be cool if we can use it. 9 times out of 10 we'll have our own booth.)
6. ASSIGNMENT OF CONTRACT: The services obligated under any contract or agreement between a client and JKG Events may not be assigned to any other party without the express written consent of JKG Events.
(I don't know why this section is even here, why would anyone pay someone else to do the job we've been hired to do while we are there? Legal stuff is so confusing...Next bit lol)
7. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: JKG Events warrants and declares that every effort will be made to provide high-quality entertainment services. In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternative service. JKG Events will make every effort to secure a replacement and/or willing to provide similar entertainment services under any agreement. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability are limited to the return of all payments received under any agreement.
(If we can't get to your party for any reason, we'll get someone we trust to do it. If we can't get anyone to do it, which is seriously unlikely, we'll give every single penny back to you.)
8. SEVERABILITY: In the event that any provision of an agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the validity of the agreement as a whole shall not be affected, and the other provisions of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
(Doesn't matter what happens, everything in the contract stands)
9. CONTRACT AMENDMENTS: Any contracts will be freely negotiated and shall be recognised as the entirety of the agreement. Only those changes or modifications specifically placed in writing, attached, dated and signed by the client and JKG Events at the time of acceptance of such terms shall be recognised as amendments to the contract.
(As long as we know and agree to anything that's been changed for your party, it's cool with us. There's nothing worse than a surprise that we haven't planned for.)
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: In the event that any controversy arises as a result of this contract, the parties agree that good faith efforts will be made to submit their differences to mediation. This effort shall be a prerequisite to any further action by either party to enforce the terms of this contract. In the event that mediation fails, any differences between the parties shall be submitted to arbitration. Such arbitration shall be the sole forum for any differences between the parties under this contract and shall be adjudicated under the laws of Scotland. Should legal efforts be required to enforce the terms of this contract, in addition to other sums recoverable herein, the client will pay all costs of collection, including, but not limited to, reasonable legal fees.
(We try to be nice people, if something goes wrong we'd rather not argue about it and especially not have to end up in court.)
11. GDPR: Any information within a contract will be kept in accordance with GDPR regulations in a secure location and disposed of efficiently after 3 years.
(We keep the invoices with details for 3 years, after that...deleted, gone, burned, non existent. Keeps the tax man happy too having a paper trail.)
12. COVID: We at JKG Events comply strictly with current covid guidance set out by the local governing body within the area we are working. All staff or subsequent sub-contracted staff are requested to undertake Lateral Flow Tests (LFTs) 3 days prior to any event and 1 on the day of the event. Face coverings WILL be worn when moving around the venue (except exempt reasons, dancing, drinking etc) unless that member of staff is exempt for medical reason.
13. ADDITIONAL TIME: If your event is to end at a time earlier than the closing time of your venue, with the permission of your venue and assigned entertainer, additional playing time may be available to purchase for an additional fee.
The additional fee is at the discretion of your assigned entertainer and will not be included in any terms set within the binding agreements.
(Most of the time we're happy to keep going, but we're only paid til the time agreed, if you're happy and your venue is happy, ask you're dj how much it would cost to keep playing. )
CANCELLATION POLICY: If the cancellation occurs by client for any reason within two weeks prior to the event date and JKG Events is not able to find comparable employment through ordinary due diligence for the date of the event, JKG Events shall reserve the right to demand, and client agrees to pay, full payment of the contract amount contained herein on the date that the event was due to occur.
*Definition of emergency includes a dangerous or life-threatening event that requires immediate attention and/or closure.
** Non-emergency includes any event that has been or could have been foreseen to cause the effective closure of the venue.
*** Customer based cancellation includes the cancellation of the event by the customer/ customers directly or due to insufficient capacity to run event, this also includes cancellation of event for reasons indirectly involving covid i.e., updated company policy is not to attend events or event has been cancelled due to the contraction of covid within the company/family.
(% of total fee to be paid as cancellation fee)
Within 14 days of event
Within 7 days of event
Within 72 hrs of event
After event start time/ During Event
Emergency closure of venue *
Non-Emergency closure of venue **
Customer based cancellation***
Any other cancellation reason
We at JKG Events truly hope that these terms would never have to be implemented, but have been included within this document purely based on theoretical circumstances as precaution.
If there are any issues regarding the cancellation policy, JKG Events owner Gary (Gaz) Sheridan is open to discussion on the matter to edit or adapt it for alternative mutual cancellation procedures.
Is it just me that's glad all that legal jumbo is done? Cool! Sorry but every single word of that is on you're invoice as well. Sorry.